- commerce credit
- caudal assets, property
- sueldo salary, wages
- tributos duties, tributes
- figurative cualidades good qualities, assets
- hard cash
tener uno en su haber
- to have to one's credit
- to have no hemos comido - we have not eaten
- to have to, must ellos han de venir - they must come
- ago seis años ha murió mi padre - my father died six years ago
habidos y por haber
- law past, present and future
- there is, there are hay flores en la mesa - there are flowers on the table
- it is necessary hay que tener paciencia con ellos - it is necessary to be patient with them
no hay de qué
- don't mention it, you're welcome
- what's up?, what's happening?
¿qué hay de nuevo?
- what's new?
todo lo habido y por haber
- everything imaginable
- archaic poseer to have haber de mano - to have on hand
- alcanzar to get one's hands on lee cuantos libros puede haber - he reads as many books as he can get his hands on
- capturar to capture, catch el ladrón no ha sido habido - the thief has not been caught
- to behave, act te has habido sin escrúpulos - you have behaved unscrupulously
¡allá te las hayas!
- that's your problem!
habérselas con uno
- to have it out with someone